Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bella's Boutique Bed from an End Table

I had such good luck at the thrift store last weekend. You already saw my $5.99 special. I also scored 2 of these end tables for $19.99 for the set.

 Yay!  I knew immediately what one of them would be used for. I got my inspiration here.
It took me a while to decide if I wanted to paint it to match our bedroom(where her bed sits) or make it pink and girly for her. You know how much I love my pink. I finally decided on this color.
 After cleaning the whole thing with TSP. I primed it with Kilz spray primer.


 I put 2 coats of the Satin Aqua to cover the inside and out. I still have some left over in the second can.


Then I wanted to antique it. I got my inspiration from the same place for that. Ashley calls it The Dirty Cowboy Treatment. She uses stain, but I decided to use these products.
Brown and black Valspar Samplers in Satin and Glaze
I didn't measure, just poured in some glaze and then half brown and half black. You don't need alot of the paint. Then I got to dirtying her up a bit.
After wiping her down, she looked like this.



I added a coat of ASCP Clear Wax and buffed her up.


I won't know for sure if she will use it (she is finicky about EVERYTHING) until we leave. She only sleeps in there when we are gone. She is with me wherever I am and she sleeps in bed with us at night.  I was using a nylon collapsible bed for her but wanted something that looked a little nicer in the room. She does like it to be cave-like. We shall see.

9 comments:

  1. This looks so much better with a fresh coat of paint!!!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! My little Honey would like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! My little fur monsters would fight over it!

    Thanks for sharing with us on SOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How strange! i have recently been looking on the FAB site,and they sell 'cupboard dog beds!
    At a price! So you have done extremely well.
    I might do that myself for my wee cat.Keep well.Rosie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. She looks pretty comfy in there already! Thanks so much for sharing at Etcetorize~

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute, perfect for a wee pet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful little space she can call her own. I would make one for my dog but he prefers our bed and it would just take up space and collect dust. Thanks for sharing, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! This is great! Thanks for sharing on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you this friday! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  9. So clever and the paint makeover turned out so nicely! If that adorable little doggie doesn't like it, I have a gray cat that loves hidey places -- lol! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete