Sunday, June 3, 2012

Computer Chair Re-Covered

This is not really going to be a how to post. I recovered my computer chair with fabric left over from my shower curtain and a small pillow I put on my pink chair. Really you just take the chair apart, put the fabric on how you want and staple it underneath like you would if you recovered a dining room chair. The top was a booger though. You can't take it apart, the original fabric was stapled in and my stapler wouldn't reach down. So I improvised.

I sewed 2 pieces of fabric together right sides out and stuffed it down in the ridge of the chair with a screw driver. (this is where it was previously stapled). There was this long black hose thing that was pushed in down around it, so I replaced that and it worked fine. I do want to get some black trim to glue where that black hose thing is to make it prettified.

Here is the finished product.

15 comments:

  1. Your chair turned out great. I love the fabric too. I have a desk chair that desperately needs recovering. Thanks for inspiring me! Good job :)

    Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great inspiration! I love how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's adorable! What fun fabric too!

    -Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute and GREAT Fabric! Sometimes things just need a new look! Found your post from the Party With My Peeps Party, Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your chair looks amazing! Love the fabric. I've been meaning to do this to my office chair, I think you've inspired to just get it done. I'm so glad you linked up at Etcetorize!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I totally want to do this to my craft room chair. I have the perfect vintage fabric for it. Thanks for the inspiration. I just found you. I'm your latest follower and a fellow newbie. Hope you'll come check me out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow, Kelli. My mom is from Lexington, KY!

      Delete
  7. Love it. I need a new chair for my home office so will be keeping your inspiration in mind when I choose the style. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the chair queen! Love the new look! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fabric pick and your chair is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kelli, I'm featuring your chair tonight at the Highlight Party at Project Queen. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're a genius!This is so creative and a great way to upcycle.I am so impressed.Buy Beds and Mattresses from Supremebedz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome makeover! Not only did you save yourself time and money by not having to buy a new chair, you also inspired us to add some creativity in our workspaces. Great job!

    Fletcher Hevey @ ConcordSupplies.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome post about best casters and wheels and it will be give more information those people who such a need.

    rubber casters & appliance casters

    ReplyDelete