Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Master Bedroom Mini-Makeover Reveal

I hinted about this mini-makeover a long time ago. I have gotten busy with many projects in between and am just getting around to sorting out the pictures for this. Here is the before of our master bedroom. (sorry the pictures are so sucky, the sun was shining in and it made them look really bad).

 So this is not bad. Kinda blah. The tables are brown, the lamps are brown, the bed is brown, the chair wood is brown, see where I am going with this.  So I decided I was going to brighten it up a bit and bring in one of my favorite colors, (teal, aqua, marine blue). I painted the tables with ASCP in Pure White, distressed them, and then waxed.
I also spray painted the lamps a bright blue from the new quilt and added navy and marine blue trim and tassels to the shades. I spray painted the basket the same blue as the lamps.
 I added some new pictures from other places in the house and bought a few items for the tables in the room.

And here is one of the repainted chairs. The other one is still in the dining room waiting to be painted white.




I think it definitely looks better after, but still not the homey feel that I wanted. I don't think I am going to get that until we move. This room is just too big to feel homey. Do you like the changes? Hubby did when he got home from Chicago.

5 comments:

  1. You did a great job. The room looks multiple times better. I have seen nice beds and furniture in thissite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the changes.. it is an overwhelming change, but you definitely freshened it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful transformation! I especially love your white tables!

    Thank you for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality! Can't wait to see what you link up this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post you share with us,, and looking so much beautiful,, contrast of the color
    Custom Built Furniture

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, all furniture is inspiring and we have the same tastes.Internet based furniture company

    ReplyDelete