Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cake Fail

I am posting this totally under duress. I AM a good baker. People always love my cakes. In fact they request my cakes at work. I used to bake a cake for all of my employees birthdays and they would eat every crumb. Why am I telling you all of this? Because Tuesday was my son's 26th birthday and he wanted a butter cake with mini chocolate chips in it. Easy peasy right? Not! When I tried to get the cake out of the pans, the chocolate chips had settled to the bottom and were stuck. I have used chocolate chips in cakes a zillion times with no problems, but maybe since I used butter instead of cooking oil. I don't really know what happened, but here is what his cake looked like after I got it out of the pan.
After frosting.
Isn't this the UGLIEST cake you have ever seen? It tasted great though. I have never seen anything like this in my life. My husband kept laughing at me because he knows what a perfectionist I am. This is far from perfect. I am humbled.

Does anyone want me to make their wedding cake for them??? hahaha

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, poor you! I'm sorry it didn't turn out. My momma always told me that food's "presentation" is important. Good thing it was for someone in your family who already knows what a brilliant baker you are! I bet it tasted delicious anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please help wrap Aurora first responders and survivors in love:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aurora-Colorado-Emergency-Responder-Quilts/401592493230782

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I just had a similar situation with a cookie experiment I'm trying. Darn it! But like Janna said, they still tasted good :)

    ReplyDelete