Sunday, July 8, 2012

Saturday's Thrifty Haul

My Saturday was AWWWsome! I went to several Goodwills and the Lexington Peddler's Market (love). This is a long one gals but these projects are small and don't really need their own post.  I found a little wicker bird's nest for $.75 and then I added a little nest with eggs.
At the other Goodwill I found this unusual pig. I do love pigs for some reason. My kids say she is creepy but for some reason she spoke to me. (Not literally,  I haven't had that much wine yet).
I also found a little metal cage thing that I put over some birds my husband sent to me one year with some flowers for mother's day. I don't know why, I am not a bird collector, but he liked them and I have not really had the right spot until now.
 This is how the table looked last night at 11:00 pm. Then I was thinking....it needs something.

Then at 1am, yes I was still up, rearranging the craft room, it came to me. I am so glad I am a saver hoarder. And this is what I did.

Much better, don't you think. I can't help it, I love the pig.
Here is my haul from the Peddler's Market.
That's right, nothing over 5.00. I f you can't read the stickers, the blue candle holder was 5.00,  2 tier tray 4.00, 1 tier tray .99, tile box 3.00, vanity tray 5.00, ring holder 1.95, light switch covers 1.99 each, blue bowl 3.00. I also found a night stand for my husband's side of the bed that I want to do just like mine for 8.00.

This is what they look like now.
Antique white spray paint and a little distressing.
Stupid builder, couldn't he have centered the switch.

Great for the makeup area of the craft room.
And of course, what would the day be without a little Watermelon Spray Paint.
I hope you enjoyed your Saturday as much as I did. Comment from hubby: "Quit bringing stuff home!". hehehehe, not on your life mister. 
Recap.

20 comments:

  1. Looks like you had SOME fun! Sounds like you have some places by you with decent prices. Our Goodwills around here keep upping their prices. I had quite a chat with a woman in an aisle with me who was incensed about the prices. She couldn't get over this one thing they had marked for $12.00. Some glass thing with wings. Ugly and not worth $12.00. I'm wondering now if it wasn't $1.20 and she was misreading it. Ha!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously crazy about all your amazing finds! And so frugal too! We should be thrifting buddies. ;o) Looks like you know where good places are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of you amazing finds and what you did with them. I really enjoy your blog and have nominated you for the Versitile Bloggers Award. You can check out all of the info on my blog. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great work! And, so fast. sometimes mine linger for a while in the garage. I love the jewelry holder. It gives me an idea for a key, phone holder for us in the entry way. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you found some great stuff! I have that same tier tray! I love the pink you painted the other one, I may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would die and go to heaven if I found that gorgeous blue candle holder!!! Oh I love thrifting!! I recently picked up a darling light switch plate for the Laundry room of all places! Saw you at Debbiedoo's...come on over and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What GREAT finds! And, even better transformations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have some great finds!! I really want to add some bird cages to my decor. Great job with yours. I am you newest follower through GFC and Linky for the newbie party. I would love it if you join me, too!
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds and awesome transformations! Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Thanks so much for sharing at Etcetorize this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Great finds! Thanks for sharing.

    xoxo, Tauni

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were able to find some good pieces for a great price! I think your transformations of them are even better! Centering a switchplate on a wall is more involved than you know. lol. Since my husband decided to build us a beach house recently, I've seen first hand why that may not have been possible. Cool colors where you have that swithplate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great finds! Love the cage that you placed over the birds. Can't believe the prices on the goods from the peddler's market!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You definitely have an eye for this sort of thing. Thanks for sharing on BeColorful.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  14. love that bull and what a beautiful blue if you find time come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great finds! Love the two tiered stand. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next. Have a great weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful finds... and such beautiful transformations!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What a haul. I think I love it all. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your spray paint transformations are gorgeous! Very inspiring!

    I would love it if you would share this at my new Smart Solutions linky party. You can link up here:

    http://theprudentpantryblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/prudent-projects-smart-solutions-linky_13.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great finds for great prices! The blue candlestick alone would make the thrifting trip worthwhile. Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete