Thursday, August 16, 2012

Weight Watchers Week 1

I know, I know, this is a craft blog, but I wanted to share something with you. I have started Weight Watchers and yesterday was the end of Week 1. I lost 2 lbs. Yay! I have had been thin most of my life, then that 40 something metabolism took over and I started to gain weight. I don't like hate to exercise, especially alone, and I like love to eat. This equals a recipe for disaster. Over the last few years I have gone up and down on my weight by as much as 30 lbs. I have Atkin'd, been South Beached, Slim Fasted, Hilton Head Dieted (sounds glamorous), fasted, liquid dieted and the list goes on and on.

Some things worked, but I would always revert back to my old ways...snacking at the t.v. every evening. So now I am trying a new approach. Weight Watchers. I want to tell you something, if you are struggling with the same problem, you might want to give it a try. It makes me think of things differently. Instead of feeling deprived or that I am dieting, it feels more like choosing differently. I can still have the food I love, but then I have to make a different choice at another meal. I am not hungry and I am eating many more fruits and vegetables, which I love, but did not consciously make the choice to eat before.  I will admit I have a little, okay a lot, of OCD. Having the etools WW app on my phone really helps me keep track of every little morsel that crosses my lips. I am also a perfectionist, so of course I have to keep within my allotted Plus Points for the day and feel guilty if I use any of the 49 extra points given to you for the week. Having to weigh weekly is also good for someone like me who hates to disappoint people. Since I don't have anyone here to diet with me, or exercise with me, I find that having WW as my partner has been very helpful.  I am not going to say that I couldn't do it alone, because I have, but this seems easier. Maybe I am just ready to finally do something about my growing middle and back side or maybe I want to be skinny for the Cruise we are going on September 2013. Whatever the reason, I have started this journey and if any of you have had the same problem I would love to hear your stories.

I think that this has really summed up my last few years.
But now I am going to look forward to stepping on it, I HOPE. I don't want to be skeleton thin, but I have not been comfortable with the way I look for a long time and that has really impacted my life. This is something I am doing for me, no one else, and it feels good.

I have some projects to share with you soon, I have to finish them up this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment