Saturday, September 29, 2012

Antique Turquoise Mirror

First let me say that I hate photographing some of the things for my blog. Some pics turn out great and others not so much. This mirror started out that lovely gold Homco style.
Bella's Crafty Mom
Antique Turquoise Mirror
I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it, so I sprayed it antique white first. Then I applied a wash of turquoise paint mixed with some water and wiped it off. Next I distressed it with some fine grade sand paper. I still wasn't happy. I mixed some gold paints together and then mixed those with water and painted all over the frame and wiped that off. Finally, I sprayed with gloss spray.

Bella's Crafty Mom
Antique Turquoise Mirror
I don;t think you can tell, but in some places it kind of crinkled up and I really like the way it makes it look old.


It has been really hard to get the color to show up right. 
Bella's Crafty Mom
Closest to correct color

Hope you all like it. I have no idea where I am going to put it yet.

3 comments:

  1. I love how your mirror looks, so all the steps you did in the end made it as pretty as it is. Where you put it it will help make a very beautiful job! I understand when you say some of your pictures work so don't - we all can relate to that! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely: Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelli, I adore your mirror. You did a fab job. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete