Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fall/Halloween Decorating

I was very busy yesterday decorating the house for fall and Halloween. I love this time of year and the decorations.
Fall Wreath
I made this wreath last year. Here is a close-up.
Here is our mantle decorated. I did the floral arrangement in the pumpkin. It is so much cheaper to do it yourself, they charge an arm and a leg when they are already made.
Fall Mantle
Fall Mantle
Fall Mantle
I made the scarecrow out of a flower pot and the jack-o-lantern is ceramic, fired and then painted with acrylic paint.
Miss Scarecrow and Mr. Jack

I also switched out the flowers and did some fall decorations on my corner table. I did the flower arrangement and even gave the birdies some fall love.
Next up was the dresser(hall table). It got the majority of the Halloween Theme.
Halloween Vignette



Mr. Bones
This was the shiny brass birdcage I found at the 127 yard sale painted oiled bronze and some lovely crows from Michael's.
See the little haunted house? That is ceramic too, painted by yours truly.
The little spider is also ceramic and has a music button under the pom-pom.
Happy Spider

These spell books were purchased at Michael's but I painted the witch and grim reaper.
I bought these candle holders several years ago, but antiqued them this year and added the bows. They look so much better. I also bought the skulls and antiqued them as well. It really brings out the details.
The Halloween tree had some more ornaments added this year.
The Trick Or Treat sign is from Michael's, but see the little bitty pumpkins in front of it? Yep, I painted them in ceramics a few years ago.
I decorated a little table that holds a few wine bottles with some pumpkins that I made. These are glazed and you can put candles in them.
The kitchen got a little decorating as well. Some pumpkins on top of my candle holders.
And this little cutie was made from clay pots.
Clay Pot Scarecrow

My favorite is coming up. These are the Michael's pumpkins that you can carve. I painted them blue and green and then put a coat of blue sparkle paint on them. The orange one just got some orange sparkle paint. I cut a hole in the big one and arranged some fall flowers in it. This sits on the kitchen table.
Blue Pumpkin Arrangement

The dining room table holds my cornucopia made by me several years ago. The pumpkin inside is ceramic and painted with acrylics.
Cornucopia


This is the window from the kitchen to the family room.
And last but not least, I arranged some flowers in the hall leading to the master bedroom.
The house looks great and the kids and my hubby loved it. I can't wait until closer to Christmas so I can show you all of the Old World Santas I have painted throughout the years. I have 5 or 6 that I still need to paint, so I better get busy. Happy Fall Y'all.




No comments:

Post a Comment