Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fleur-de-lis Box

I found this old wooden box at a thrift store for $5.00. Sorry I forgot the before picture, just an old brown, wooden box. I painted it with homemade chalk paint .
Fleur-de-lis box
The color is on off white that I found in the oops cart at Home Depot and I am loving the color. It is the perfect off white. I bought the fleur de lis at Michael's and first painted them off white and then with black acrylic paint. I distressed them and the box.
Bella's Crafty Mom
I also found some metal scroll pieces in the scrap booking section and painted them white and then black as well and attached them to the corners with liquid nails.
And here it is on the table. I am going to use it to store wine bottles as dear hubby signed us up for a wine club.
I also did a little more Fall Decorating by the fireplace.
Courtesy of TJ Maxx and Michaels.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

4 comments:

  1. Love the box. It came out great. I'm loving the distressed look. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty! Two questions: What is chalk paint and how do you make it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday.
    harga hp samsung

    ReplyDelete